1 year...365 days..today. (I feel like I should start singing the RENT song)

I was suddenly struck by the importance of this day to so many people in my life and thru blogging that I sit here somewhat in awe. The past year represents so much to me as a person, and as I think about it I feel so blessed to have the strength of good health and lasting love that has been presented to me.

Today, after 365 days Kate has not taken a single drink of alcohol. At her tender 20 something age she has fought off and won the battle of these past 365 days and I know that it has not been easy. She has no idea her own strength. She has no idea her own beauty. But over this past year and in the coming minutes, days and years she is willing to learn an entirely new person lives inside of her and for that she is much much more brave than most people her age. Sister, you are a bird meant to fly....so spread those wings..

It is another 1 year birthday today, the birth of little Audrey Caroline, and for those of you who do not know her story or of her beautiful, faithful family you can read about it here: http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/. Having brought her in to this world and given her wings to fly on the very same day we are all reminded that life is so sweet and a gift we cannot control nor understand but faith must keep us sane. So Angie, my girls and I will plant a Cherry Blossom Tree today to remind us of the fragility of beauty and the importance of pruning.

Tears are streaming down my face as I write this blog and I am not yet half way thru. This day holds so much importance, so much life...yes life.

Today is the day that Kathy will undergo surgery for the tumors that have grown from the 4 year battle she has fought with cancer. Today is a birthday for her too isnt it? I day of new birth free from cancer we can hope. A day we can begin to count. Today is her day for us all to have hope and faith.

And today is the day that little baby Stellan will begin his new journey toward a healthier heart. And if you dont know Stellans rad journey you can check it out here: http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ Again, like Kathy, I hope today is a birthday for Stellan as well a day to start a new count, a count toward new timelines, away from PICU's and SVT's and toward happy, healthy baby days.

Happy Birthday Kate and Audrey Caroline! And Happy Today Kathy and Stellan!

We are all looking forward to the next 365!